Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sidney Crosby shines

I am not a hockey fan so when I met and photographed Sidney Crosby last week my only impressions were based on his character and personality. I was not star stuck by his fame or athletic accomplishments, however, I did learn very quickly that his media reputation of a being great guy is well deserved. 

Sidney was at the IWK teen lounge; to which he donated money toward a much-needed redesign of the space. It was not just his money that he gave generously but his time and attention to some very sick but thrilled patients. He spent over two hours playing air hockey and guitar hero, shooting pool, doing crafts, and signing autographs. No one made a speech, no media was present and no limelight was sought out. He was engaging and gracious toward everyone in the room. He is both modest and unassuming. His sister and parents were also in attendance and I couldn't help but imagine how proud they are of their boy. 

What a hometown hero! It was a pleasure meeting you Sidney.







No comments:

Post a Comment